3.6.14

Umar's milestone

So today i'm gonna share Umar's milestone. He's going to turn 3 this year so there are a lot of things that he learned and encountered throughout his 3 years life. He's a very talkative boy that sometimes mommy couldn't handle him. That explains why I love to call him 'Popcorn Royale'.

He grows up together with his cousins and sometimes it's hard to teach him to converse in English. Whenever he is with me, I try my very best to use as much English as possible as the medium of conversation. He'll listen and use a lot of Malay while he stays with my sister (his babysitter and kekasih gelap). Since kids are able to be bilingual so I guess it's easy for him to pick up the two languages.

I would always ask him "what's/who's this/that?" whenever we come across something or someone he knows or familiar with. He could answer pretty well though sometimes I had a hard time to guess what he's trying to tell me. hehehehe! He will also do the same thing to me whenever he comes things/people he knows. He loves reading his books and I love to buy him books :)

So last Saturday, after I done bathing and just about to enter the room, I heard him talking to himself. He was reading his book on the bed. Then he asked me "mommy, wat tet (what's that?) while pointing at a picture in his book. I couldn't get it at first then he answered himself "dob! (dog)". After that he pointed his finger to other picture and started to say it out loud. I joined him and asked him to guess the picture I pointed. He could remember and he knows a lot of things in the book.
His version are as follows:
  1. Orse (horse)
  2. Pony
  3. Meow (cat. Yes we had a hard time to teach him to call it cat instead of meow)
  4. Chip (sheep)
  5. Ephen (elephant)
  6. Montey (monkey)
  7. Pire tuck (Fire truck)
  8. Ambien (ambulance)
  9. Mototitle (motocycle)
  10. Thomas (train. Too much thomas and friends and yet another hard time)
  11. Train ( crane *sigh*)
  12. Pekho (backhoe)
  13. Tar (car)
  14. Pwish tar (police car)
  15. Mommy
  16. Didi (daddy)
  17. Antle (uncle)
  18. Aunty
  19. Gwempa (grandpa)
  20. Gwemma (grandma)
  21. Boy
  22. Girl
  23. Baby
  24. Banana
  25. Appo (apple)



Those are the words from his books. There are a lot others which he can recall/memorise/know. I am so proud of my baby.

He loves to sing too which he inherits from me and hubster. kadang-kadang dalam kereta selalu nyanyi sampai anak pon dah terikut-ikut. Tula, mommy selalu sangat nyanyi masa mengandung kat Umar :P
He can sing and follow Bruno Mars' 'just the way you are' from the beginning to the end although his pronunciation is so funny.hehehe!

Baby, you grow up a lot more than mommy expected because I still see you as a baby. Tapi anak mommy dah big boy now, Alhamdulillah. Mommy prays for all the good things for you and may you excel now and in the hereafter. I love you so much sayang :)

No comments: